You may be looking for more information about West Nile virus, mosquitoes, and what you can do to help prevent both. Here are some resources that may help.
- The city of Dallas is posting maps about aerial mosquito spraying and links to West Nile virus information at the city website.
- The WFAA-Channel 8 Health pages are being updated with news stories and briefs as information is released by various health and city officials.
- The Centers for Disease Control West Nile has an infections by state table:
- The U.S. Geological Survey has an infection map posted (current as of Aug. 14, 2012): http://diseasemaps.usgs.gov/wnv_us_human.html
- Google Alerts will send you news stories relating to various searches. Go to Google Alerts and enter your search terms, an email address, and how often you'd like to receive emailed alerts.
- The National Library of Medicine's Medline Plus also has a news alert option. Go the West Nile Virus page and scroll down to the box labeled "Get West NileVirus updates by email." Simply enter your email address and press the "Go" button.